Friday, July 6, 2012

The Plight of a Lemon Tree.

Awhile ago, I posted this, about the new addition to my green family. Like all the rest of you, I've been waiting on pins and needles for my little baby lemons to grow and flourish. And waiting. Still waiting... oh, wait! Nope, I'm still waiting. 
First appearance
 May 22nd, 2012.
Notice: no lemons.
Now, a month and half (give or take, okay?) this is what I've got.
I couldn't even be bothered to jazz up this pic, it's so disappointing.
*slumps shoulders*



Notice: No lemons. WTfugde. However... that little baby lemon bud smells so delightfully citrusy and sweet. On the positive side, I've got enough mint to make mojitos for everyone on the block! It's hot, drink up!


Speaking of hot, it's been unspeakably hot in Chicago. I have to give a bath to my greenies - lest the wilt and die under my watch. Not this year!!


Getting a bath from the hose. For an hour. 
Does anyone have any tips to make my lemons grow? I'm about to throw in the towel and succumb to the fact that it is what it is. A cute little tree.

Until next time... which will be soon, because we've got things to share.
tb2.

1 comment:

  1. Most times dwarf species of any particular genus can be difficult. By the looks of it, all the vegetative growth looks just fine; very healthy. What are you fertilizing with? And what is your watering schedule? If you overwinter it, you'll have numerous blooms, and very full lemons next summer!

    -caleb johnson

    ReplyDelete