Tuesday, May 22, 2012

We're growing!

Lemons, that is. Look! 


Dwarf lemon tree (next to a blossoming mint plant!)
We went out and bought ourselves a lil' lemon tree! I've only been wanting one for, oh, I dunno, 'ever. I first read about them on apartment therapy, and just knew I needed this as an added addition to our growing collection of vegetation. With this baby, I can make all sorts of delicious treats (insert: jumping for joy)!



I just might get crazy and make this mouth watering lemon bread, sticky lemon rolls with lemon cream cheese glaze, or, if I'm feeling particularly ballsy, a more savory dish like pork meatballs with lemon and thyme

As an added bonus, there are plenty of other eco-friendly uses for lemons around the house, which you can find here. Limescale, be gone!

Fingers crossed we'll have a full jar (or three) by the end of the season... oh pretty, pretty PLEASE!

Until next time,
tb2.


No comments:

Post a Comment