Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mothers Day!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!



Yes, happy Mother's Day, indeed to all you grandmas, mommas, soon-to-be-mommas, baby mommas, and fur baby mommas. Hope your day is just as special as you.


I for one, would like to stand atop my mountain and shout that I am super duper thankful for my own mom, who is pretty damn incredible. Thanks to you, Mom, for your unyielding and never ending love, support, thoughtfulness, and generosity. That, and for sharing your love of cooking and baking to fill up tummies full of yummies (too cheesy?). 


Just because it's so cute
Last time my parents came to see us in Chicago, she brought this, which she found in her own kitchen from my yesteryear when I was still learning the ropes. Sure, maybe you can buy it for one stinkin' cent on Amazon, but it's pretty much priceless to me.


How cute is that!?




Aside from the endearing cookie recipes, I personally enjoy the Rules for Success in the Kitchen tidbits, such as, and I quote: 
"Rule 3 Wash your hands! Always have clean hands before you touch ingredients or utensils"... "Nobody wants dirty cookies - especially you. If you have long hair, now is the time to put it into a braid so that a stray hair won't get into your way - or your cookies. You may want to put out your cat or dog, too."


In honor of this special day, I decided that there was no better time than 12:30pm to whip up a little recipe chalk full of love to pay homage. 



I settled on Blond Brownies (Blondies). Pretty straightforward here, gang. 


1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine 
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups of flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, 325 if you're using a glass dish.
Put the butter or margarine in the saucepan. Place over low heat until the butter or margarine melts. Remove the pan from the heat and turn the burner off. Use the wooden spoon to stir in the brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well. Spread the batter evenly into the greased pan. Bake the cookies for 30 to 35 minutes or until the batter begins to pull away. 


Update: They're fabulous


Happy Mother's Day!! Love you, Mom!


Until next time.......Tb2.

No comments:

Post a Comment