Wednesday, August 15, 2012

News & Brews: On the Campaign Trail

When it comes to candidates on the campaign trail, I like to come straight at politicians - as well as politically-driven pseudo-intellectuals - with hard-hitting inquisition and interrogation, pushing the envelope on subject matter and ultimately provoking general upheaval. 
I obliterate boundaries and ignore partisan BS, and I believe I could replace any damn news reporter in the field... except maybe Soledad O'Brien (she was awesome on Tuesday!) or Anderson Cooper... and maybe the "Boom goes the dynamite" guy, Brian Collins (for obvious reasons. chirp, chirp!)


My genius, Shepard Fairey/Obama-inspired design, 2007.
I quit the team, and Coach Brady Hoke takes Ball State to its first ever undefeated season.
And a #12 ranking in NCAA football.
But I digress...

That being said, I have already decided for whom I plan to vote. This decision is based on one topic, and one topic alone. Can you guess what it is? Here is a hint: Said topic is more important than Chik-fil-a (although the two would pair together nicely....)

My vote is going to #44, Barack Obama because
He brews his own beer

And apparently, the flagship White House Honey Ale uses honey from Michelle's garden beehive! How cool is that??

Not to mention, Barry is the first to do it in the White House. Like a boss.


White House Honey Ale... when does their brewpub open?
While we are on the topic.... Check out the stellar POTUS lineup of home brewers below! I would have voted for all of these dudes, not to mention I have committed my loyalty to Jefferson and Carter as my two favorite presidents of all time. God bless America!

George Washington 
Thomas Jefferson
  • Known as America's first microbrewer, TJ took it to a whole new level, building a brewery (of sorts) and taking to the science of craft table liquor with reckless abandon and passion after his retirement. He is also my favorite President, hands down.
James Madison
  • "Father of the constitution” considered proposing a national government-run brewery. He also wanted to establish a secretary of beer for the cabinet. Again, like a boss. This dude had his priorities straight! Also encouraged “the manufacture of beer in every State in the Union." #winning
Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Jimmy Carter
  • Passed legislation in 1979 allowing home brewers to fully pursue their hobby without having to post a penal bond. One more reason why he is one of my favorite presidents!
Barack Obama
  • White House Honey Ale. Your kids will read about it in their history books... maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment