Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Oh the little pleasures... cheesecake tarts.

Is it just me, or does everyone not love themselves a fatty piece of cheesecake? It's a feel good kind of food. Don't deny it. 


When J and I were having a serious relationship in 8th grade, he made me the most precious cheesecake and delightful pineapple condiment for my birthday (ah, how our birthdays have evolved!) When asked to replicate this recipe over the course of... years...he never would do it, so I'm skeptical as to who actually put the time in in the kitchen and who reaped the rewards.

8th grade. If you look closely, you can see the beginnings of a mustache on J, and yellow eyeliner on me. Woof.


That said, after a weekend full of food sin (read J's review of Girl and the Goat), I had to have something to save my sweet tooth without waddling around the house the rest of the night. The cure? 

Guilt free cheesecake tarts! Nom. Nom. Nom.

Inspiration: here, on my pinterest tasty+treats board
Pinned from:  right here, the Crock Pot Ladies.


I was all set to throw it together, but was discouraged by the time to cook it in my crock pot, and the fact that I only had one brick of cream cheese. 



My Modified Ingredients:
3 8oz Packages of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1 low fat cream cheese brick (mine was from Trader Joe's) at room temp
3 Eggs
1 organic, large egg
3/4 Cup Sugar
1/4 cup sugar (I split half with sugar substitute and half with the regs)
6 Graham Crackers (full pieces), pulverized into crumbs
2 crushed low fat graham crackers
3 Tablespoons of Stick Butter, melted
1 tablespoon of melted butter

Oh... you want instructions?


Here goes:

Mix butter and graham crackers. Cute lil' spoon, right? Press the mixture into two adorable ramekins.


Mix room temperature cream cheese, egg, and sugar.
Whoa, what's that?! A frozen fruit surprise. Pour the mixture over your graham cracker laden ramekins.



Look how cute! Ready for the oven.
Slap those babies in the oven at 350 degrees for... say... 40-45 minutes. Let them cool in the fridge for an hour (or freezer if you want to expedite the process, you Impatient Patty).
DONE. Yum yum yum... down into my belly.
 And, big enough to share one between two people. DO IT!!! 
Any other tricks of the trade?

3 comments:

  1. ahhhhh you need my MICROWAVE cheesecake recipe! it's dangerously delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....and this one looks pretty yummy too. we definitely wouldn't be able to make just 2 though :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! are you talking about mug cakes? because we make those... and they are equally awesome as they are genius!

    we forgot to mention adding chocolate drizzle to the top of this... its deadly

    ReplyDelete